- Having a conversation with someone you’ve never met like it ain’t no thang.
- Overthinking is a thing of the past – now you’re queen of the relaxed chat.
- You fearlessly make new friends wherever you go.
- You’re a must-have friend and connection. People notice you and want you around.
- Working in groups? Your new catchphrase: #nailedit
- You’re rocking confidence like a boss.
- New opportunity with an “interacting with people” part? You’re diving right in!
- When you speak up, people pay attention.
Sound like a dream come true?
This may sound like your own personal fairytale, but I have good news for you. There’s no magic potion or secret club, and you don’t have to have a fairy godmother poppin’ in to change things up. You only need one thing to make that dream life your reality.
“Whaaaa?” Girl, I hear you. You may not think much about social skills, but I bet these realities grip your mind on the daily:
- You feel awkward at events and meetings.
- You’re a wallflower, constantly on the outside of gatherings.
- You spend tons of energy psyching yourself up before networking events, often giving up and never even going in. Online feels safer, but you know you need real face-to-face to grow your business.
- Anxiety overpowers you so you crash and burn in meetings.
- People think you’re standoffish or a loner, but you don’t know how to change.
- You wish you could make new friends and network, but talking to strangers terrifies you and you have no clue where to start.
- Small talk makes you sweat and you never seem to get it right.
- The only way you can survive parties is by getting drunk.
- You find it hard to make female friends and you’re lonely.
- Everyone else seems to be friends but you’re left out and don’t get why.
- Your social anxiety is sabotaging your career advancement because you can’t deal with the “interacting with people” part.
- You dread working in groups.
- You try to interact with others, but they often stop talking to you and you have no clue why.
- You want to be confident but it just feels fake.
Do these struggles sound familiar? My friend, social skills are the answer to every single one!
Most people think these are skills a lucky few are born with while the rest of us just have to suffer, but they couldn’t be more wrong! You don’t have to be born with social skills – you can learn them!
When you master social skills, your personal life will reap the benefits, but your career? Your life as an entrepreneur depends on it.
Why Social Skills are Crucial for Entrepreneurs
As an entrepreneur, you need others to believe in and champion you and your brand in order to succeed. Entrepreneurship may be about pioneering into new territory, but you can’t go it alone. You need community, and to grow yours, you need to build relationships with those around you.
Social skills unlock opportunities to connect with others. Genuine connection gives you insight into who someone is and what drives their passion, allowing you to confidently add value to their lives in a powerful way. By doing so, you play a vital role in shaping the direction of those around you. People see you as a trusted advisor, a crucial part of their story, someone they look to and admire. You become an influencer.
Social skills are the catalyst for becoming
the amazing influencer you’ve always wanted to be.
You know, the woman people quote at dinner parties. The one they go to for advice and direction in your area of expertise. They devour every article, blog post, interview, video and email you put out. And yes, they’re first in line to lay down cash for your remarkable content. No matter what it is or how much it costs, they know it will change their life because you already started that process by connecting.
You can’t impact people’s lives until you’re invited into those lives in the first place. Social skills will get you that invite!
Remember that list of fears we talked about earlier? That doesn’t have to be you. What if you could ditch those for a new reality?
By developing and sharpening your social skills, you can:
- Gracefully engage at business events and meetings
- Confidently interact with new people
- Stand out from the crowd and get noticed
- Dive into networking events without being crippled by fear
- Win investors over in pitches
- Be someone people want to know and be around
- Make a memorable impression
- Build real friendships with other women
- Be welcomed and included in social circles
- Have fun at parties completely sober
- Become an asset to group work environments
- Be confident in a way that’s genuine to you
- Understand the “hidden rules” of social engagement so you can become a people magnet
Social skills lead to genuine relationships, and genuine relationships are key to your success. That’s where I come in!
I’m Hannah Brooks, founder of The Leading Lady. It’s so great to meet you!
Using key principles and techniques from my background in the performing arts, I empower ambitious female entrepreneurs to grow killer networks and thriving careers through the power of genuine relationships.
I’ll help you:
- Understand your unique social skills struggles
- Develop and sharpen your social/relationship skills
- Obliterate the social hangups that hold you back
- Become dynamic and unstoppable
- Achieve your dream network & career
Social skills will change your relationships, your business and your life. Why put off mind-blowing success when you can start having it all right now?
You ready? Let’s do it together!
Your First Assignment:
Start by downloading my free 36-page guide, The Female Entrepreneur’s Ultimate Guide to Small Talk. It’s your ticket to confidently building real, powerful connections no matter where you are, and it’s designed specifically for you – the female entrepreneur.
I’ll walk you through every stage of building genuine connection, step by step. Covering everything from walking in the door to what to do after you leave, it’s full of detailed explanations, real-world examples, tips, scripts and prompts.
Take action by arming yourself with the tools you need to build the career you’ve always dreamed of. Download your free guide right now!
After you’ve read the guide, head on back here – you’ll find tons of additional resources to empower you! Here are a few popular ones to get you started:
- How To Stop Overanalyzing and Actually Have a Conversation
- Why Saying Stupid Stuff Will Build Your Network
- 10 Anxiety-Reducing Strategies for Mastering The Coffee Meeting
- The Quiet Gal’s Guide to Genuine Female Connection
- 5 Body Language Blunders That Are Sabotaging Your Career
- 5 Career-Killing Lies Socially Awkward Women Believe
I’m constantly creating new tools and strategies to help you achieve your boss babe dreams, and as a subscriber, you’ll never miss new posts. Gals in my tribe also get exclusive email content and access to new courses and offers, so you won’t want to miss out!
Your entrepreneurial dreams are amazing, and my heart is that you don’t miss out on a single moment of success because of anxiety or fear. Empire-builders need the right tools, and I’m here to give them to you so you can make your dreams a reality.
And guess what else? I’ve got your back every step of the way, sista.
Head over here and get to know me a bit more! Because new friends rock. Obvi. 😉